Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Powered by Blogger.

Patrick - Are you green with envy?


15 comments

First, I'd like to say "thank you" for the all love and support shown to me this past week! Your prayers have meant the world to me. It touches my heart to know that some of you -- complete strangers even -- have been compelled to pray for me, and I am truly grateful.

I am so very excited to FINALLY get this piece up to show you. Introducing... "Patrick."

And here is what Patrick looked like before his makeover:
I used two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antibes Green followed by a coat of AS Clear Wax.
I then applied AS Dark Wax in specific areas to age the piece a bit.
I really like how the dark wax filled in the grooves on the top of the chest, bringing out the wear and tear. That's my favorite part! :)
I chose to replace the hardware with some antique brass pulls that I had saved from a previous project. They fit the piece just perfect and really pop next to the dark wax aging effect.
I was really excited to try out such a bold color choice and I have no regrets! Patrick is a beauty and in my opinion is the perfect mix of antique and modern.

I posted this piece on Craigslist here.
***Update: Patrick has now been SOLD***


Lots of love,
Mary


Linked up here:
Furniture Feature Fridays

15 comments

  1. Anonymous
  2. Anonymous
  3. Anonymous
  4. Anonymous
  5. Anonymous
  6. Anonymous
  7. Anonymous
  8. Eloise22

Leave a Reply