Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Powered by Blogger.

I'm back!


on ,

No comments

If you haven't noticed, I've been a little absent lately from posting on the blog. We just got back last night from a wonderful trip to California visiting family and friends for Thanksgiving. I have nothing crafty for you this evening -- I just didn't have enough time to get it together. I'm sure you all can relate to that. :) So I thought I'd share some of the highlights from our trip. (Tomorrow, I have something really awesome to show you!)

We stayed at my mother-in-law's house in Pacifica, CA for most of the trip in addition to Thanksgiving day. (She lives just two blocks from the beach!)


It seems odd to say my mother-in-law since she is practically my mother -- sounds so formal. Anyway, she gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted with the Thanksgiving dinner table. So I took her up on her offer! I only had 24 hours to pull it together so things were kept rather simple. I know everyone is in the Christmas mood (so am I), but -- if you will -- humor me as we reflect back to Thanksgiving one last time. After all, we should be thankful all year round, shouldn't we? And maybe some of these ideas can be used for your Christmas table if you are in a spot to pull something together last minute.
Greenery for the centerpiece was cut from a beautiful tree in the front yard, and accessories used were recycled from what she already had.

Remember the table cloth of memories idea? We did it and it was a huge hit! To kick things off, I first drew a turkey and wrote the year to mark the beginning of the tradition. You can find the full project description here. A quick trip to Jo-Anne's for the table cloth fabric and muslin used as place-mats did the trick.

I also found these cute little chalk board ornaments that I used as nameplates. These will be repurposed and I have just the perfect project in mind. Stay tuned :)

The kids table was basically purchased from the dollar store. Packing paper used as a table cloth and a basket full of crayons to keep them entertained during dinner. Also, a bag full o' goodies!

Hear the choir of angels singing? I did when I saw this turkey! It was soooo good! My mom sure can cook a turkey!

Well, I see that this post is getting a little long and I still have more to share. So I shall say: "to be continued..."


Lots of love,
Mary

Leave a Reply