Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Powered by Blogger.

Vintage Piano Find


on , , , ,

8 comments

Happy Halloween! Or what's left of it.

Hope you all had a wonderful time tonight with the ones you love. My little Tinkerbell and Snow White were a blast and their little personalities were just shining tonight. What a special time to remember! I'll share a few photos tomorrow once I get everything uploaded.


Switching gears...

So today I thought I would feature one of my favorite finds. You never know what you can snag up on Craigslist, at garage sales, or in thrift stores. And if you're not a thrifter, I encourage you to go. It can be a ton of fun and definitely one of my favorite things to do.

This piano was a find from Craigslist and it cost me ONLY $40! That included the wonderfully generous sellers who actually delivered the piano to our home. (Piano moving companies would cost $100+ for this task.)

I was immediately drawn to the detail on the face of the piano and the architecture of the legs. After doing a little research, we have dated this piece to be between 1900 and 1910. It was not considered a high-end piano for that time period. Nonetheless, it is extremely heavy and sturdy.
The previous owners sanded it down in hopes to refinish the wood, but I like it just as is. There is just something about the unfinished wood that still shows so much detail and beauty. It looks like something you would see in a Restoration Hardware catalog. 
Unfortunately, it's unplayable and most likely has to be rebuilt on the inside. But I didn't buy it as an instrument -- although we would love to get it fixed up someday and have our children take lessons. I bought it as a piece of art.
I love how the keys are broken and worn. I love the scratches and dings. I love how it looks strong and masculine yet elegant at the same time.
I hope I have inspired you to do some hunting of your own.


Lots of Love,
Mary



Linked up here:
Organize and Decorate Everything

8 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply