Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Powered by Blogger.

I Heart Books


No comments

Yesterday was one of those days where one thing led to another and I found myself at the Motor Vehicle Department for HOURS just to fix a clerical error not in my favor! Do you ever have those days? A test of patience for sure... probably good for me :)

Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,  with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love.             ~ Ephesians 4:1-2

Today I was able to finish up the wall art project that I hinted about. This was done as a special gift for a sweet young lady who attends our church, Dawson. I've been helping her and her mom plan out her new room design and there was a patch of wall space that needed some art. I asked if she would trust me to surprise her... and she said yes!
Dawson loves to read and really liked the idea of some rustic elements to her room to balance out the bright accent color choices. I had some extra wood panels in the garage and instantly knew what I wanted to do.
I stained the board with one coat of MinWax Jacobean and let it dry for 24 hours. I then mapped out the letters and heart by printing off my font of choice and tracing firmly onto the wood with a ballpoint pen. This allowed for a faint but visible outline to use as a guide.
 I used a basic acrylic yellow paint from the craft store and painted one coat with a small brush. I could have done two coats, but liked the softer look of just one. It was finished with a coat of Annie Sloan Clear Wax and buffed smooth.
I hope you like it, Dawson!


Lots of love,
Mary

Leave a Reply